To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, all dogs are required to participate in an Introduction Day prior to their first official visit. An Introduction Day consists of a full day of daycare where our staff will evaluate your dog for safe play behaviors and also to make sure they enjoy playing with other dogs in a group environment, such as ours.
Your dog will spend their special day making lots of friends, checking out our facility, and getting to know our staff. Introductions are held Monday-Friday and dogs need to be dropped off between 8:00 am- 11:00am. Cost is the same as a full day of daycare.
If you are planning on leaving your dog with us for an overnight stay we require the Introduction Day to be completed a minimum of 24 hours prior to the day you are planning to drop them off for their overnight stay.
Requirements to Play
- Current Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella vaccinations
- Must be older then 4 months
- Must be spayed or neutered if 6 months of age or older
- Tip For Puppy Parents: Male puppies tend to have better social skills and overall manners if they are neutered as early as is advised by your veterinarian.
- Must be healthy and sturdy enough to play with dogs of all sizes
- Must not be aggressive towards humans or other dogs
- Must be on a product such as Front Line year round
- Must have their own quick release collar
- Must successfully complete an Introduction Day
Schedule Introduction Day
All new clients must complete and pass our Introduction Day before regular daycare or boarding can be scheduled. We schedule our interviews Monday – Friday with drop off times between 8:00am – 11:00am and pick up times between 3:00pm – 7:00pm of that same day.
Introduction Day Check List
Introduction Day Tip: Get your dog’s vaccinations checked out ahead of time. Have your vet fax us their vaccination records at least 24 hours in advance and we will review them for you and we will call you if there are any problems.
- ____ Schedule appointment for Introduction Day
- ____ Get directions to BarkStars
- ____ Arrive between 8am and 11am
- ____ Leave yourself 5-10 minutes to fill out application OR…
- ____ Fill out and submit your Online Application
- ____ Please bring your dog in on a leash
- ____ Have a break-away collar on your dog. We will have some for purchase at the front desk. These collars are for the safety of your dog.
- ____ If your dog requires a lunch break please bring their food in a hard sealed plastic container
- ____ Your dog will be spending a minimum of 4 hours with us today
- ____ Make sure we have received your dogs vaccination history from their veterinary office or bring them with you.
- ____ Your dog’s vaccination history must be from a veterinary clinic, shelter, or adoption agency.
Call today to schedule a walk through tour!